Monday, May 2, 2016

Advice to new students

Future students taking Writing for Communication with Professor Piacente,

First off, I want to extend my congratulations on taking this course!  Make sure to take full advantage of the resources offered in this class.  You should always make time to meet with with Sarah Baker, and be sure to ask the guest speakers plenty of questions!  Make sure that you reach out to Professor Piacenete if you need any help, but never forget to also ask your classmates for guidance.  I received great advice from my classmates throughout the course of the semester that helped my performance in the class.   Finally, don't be afraid to try writing responses to the prompts that won't be graded.  The experience that you can gain by just practicing will pay off in the long run.  

Enjoy the semester, and make the best of it!

Nicholas Kram Mendelsohn

No comments:

Post a Comment